Making a fiels read only

Thread: Making a fiels read only

Default Making a fiels read only

How can I make a text field read only? Is there a way in HTML or javascript or vbscript?<BR><BR>Please help.<BR>Thanks<BR>Arvind

Default RE: Making a fiels read only

You could write a javascript onchange event to rewrite the contents any time the user changes them. Might go like this :<BR><BR>&#060;snip><BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"><BR>!--<BR>function ResetMe() {<BR> MyForm.MyText.Value = &#039&#060;%= Session("MyValue")&#037;&#062;&#039<BR>}<BR><BR>&# 060;Form name="MyForm" Method="Post" Action="MyScript.asp"><BR>&#060;input type="text" Name="MyText" onChange="ResetMe()" Value="&#060;%= Session("MyValue") &#037;&#062;"><BR>&#060;/form><BR><BR>&#060;snip><BR><BR>Well something like that ;)<BR><BR>hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete

Dan Mellick Guest

Yes,<BR><BR>Put the phrase READONLY inside your input HTML Tags:<BR><BR>&#060;input type="text" name="myName" value="myValue" READONLY><BR><BR>Note: no quotes around the phrase.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.....

Joseph Hatcher Guest

The solution <BR><BR>&#060;input type="text" name="myName" value="myValue" readonly><BR><BR>seems to work for Internet Explorer but I can not get it to work on Netscape<BR><BR>For both browsers, I use the following<BR><BR>&#060;input type="text" name=myName" onfocus="this.blur()"><BR><BR>