Application Variable? Please Help

Thread: Application Variable? Please Help

ND Guest

Default Application Variable? Please Help

I know that Database connections should not be placed in an Application variable (due to threading issues), BUT can the location of a database (in a DSN-less connection) be stored inside an application variable then called into the connection without affecting threading performance??<BR><BR>ex. <BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = .... Application("ConnString")<BR><BR>Also, how many recordsets is too many on one page?<BR>To accomplish my goal, I have to use 4! :-( Too many?<BR><BR>Thanks for your time!

Los Angeles, CA

Default Yeh your code looks good

you can save the connection string and use that when you have to open a connection.<BR><BR>4 recordsets may not be much and could be killing. I guess it all depends on traffic and the size of the recordsets. I assume you are not saying you are opening the same rec 4 times but have 4 diff recordsets<BR><BR>Why you need 4 i dont know (and not curious enough to ask) but just ensure you close the object as soon as you have finished working with it.