Trouble upgrading to Access 2000

Thread: Trouble upgrading to Access 2000

Jon Guest

Default Trouble upgrading to Access 2000

I&#039ve recenty upgraded from Win 95 & Access 97 to Win 2000 & Access 2000. I have been using an Access database with a asp page, when I loaded it in Access 2000 it said it was an old format and asked to convert it to 2000. But the new converted database generates this error on my page:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR>/asp/calendar3.asp, line 78<BR><BR>where as the page still works fine with the original 97 database.<BR>could this be a driver problem or something to do with the way access converts.........<BR><BR>if you know of a cure please help.................<BR>

Default RE: Trouble upgrading to Access 2000

I suspect that after you upgraded the database, you forgot to set permission on the new file. That&#039s usually the source of this error. Here&#039s msdn&#039s explanation of the problem.<BR><BR>

Jon Guest

Default RE: Trouble upgrading to Access 2000

yup thats the one.......... <BR>still not used to having NT ;(<BR><BR>Thanks..............