Strange problem!!!

Thread: Strange problem!!!

Big Al Guest

Default Strange problem!!!

what I have is an SQL query which is this <BR><BR>varid = request("user_id")<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM user_questions WHERE q_id = &#039" & varid & "&#039"<BR><BR>But I get an ADO error because of the, varid. This value is a number. when I put a value into the SQL instead of varid it works. anyone know whats going on it&#039s driving me nuts.... At the moment I get the error <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

AA Guest

Default RE: Strange problem!!!

Is the field q_id in user_questions a int type or varchar?<BR>if it is int then change the sql to <BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM user_questions WHERE q_id =" & varid <BR>and see

Default RE: Strange problem!!!

If q_id is a number datatype then you don&#039t put the " &#039 " on each end. Just do:<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM user_questions WHERE q_id=" & varid<BR><BR>Also - make sure that in the form or before you do the query that you check that the user has entered a valid number or you&#039ll generate errors.

Big Al Guest

Default Thanks Guys!

Thanks for your help guys it all works now. <BR>That was driving me mad.....