Linking Pages

Thread: Linking Pages

Jon Guest

Default Linking Pages

I have a table on my page based on records retrieved from a recordset. Each time the page is loaded the table may contain different records. <BR>When I load the page I want one of the fields (employee Id field) in the table to be a link to another page which contains infromation about that employee i.e. page is filtered depending on which Employee Id Link is selected. Hope I have made myself clear.<BR>Thank You.

Default RE: Linking Pages

No problem. Say that the page that has the specific employee details is called ShowDetails.asp and that the page with the summary table is called Summary.asp, then when you write out the table have the link like this:<BR>&#060;a href=ShowDetails.asp?EmployeeID=&#060;% Response.Write objRS("EmployeeID") %&#062; &#062;Link text here&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>This will make the link have a querystring of the EmployeeID number, so the link will look like ShowDetails.asp?EmployeeID=24 or whichever number (assuming your recordset is called ObjRS). Then on the showDetails page you request the employee number from the querystring [Request.QueryString("EmployeeID")] and use that number to query the database about that employee.

AA Guest

Default RE: Linking Pages

Jon,<BR>You need to add the following script. I have written two functions based on the browser type.<BR>For IE<BR>response.write "&#060;a""page1.asp?mycolumn=" & trim(rs("emp_id") & """,""newwindow"",""width=550,height=250,resizable ,scrollbars"");&#062;" & rs("emp_id") & "&#060;/a&#062;"<BR> <BR>Netscape works differently so add this script<BR><BR>response.write "&#060;a href=""page1.asp?partid=" & trim(rs("emp_id")) & """target=""mywindow"" toolbars=""no""&#062;" & rs("emp_id") & "&#060;/a&#062;"<BR>

Jon Guest

Default Thank Guys

Thank You.