Unabe to show a modal dialog box in JavaScript

Thread: Unabe to show a modal dialog box in JavaScript

ramesh mirpuri Guest

Default Unabe to show a modal dialog box in JavaScript

Hi ..i have the following code in my asp page<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT language=JSCRIPT><BR> function OpenDlgPage()<BR> {<BR> strholding = showModalDialog("equakeget.htm", "MyDialog", "dialogWidth=500px;dialogHeight=295px; center=yes;border=thin;help=yes");<BR> if (strholding == "")<BR> {<BR> history.back(1)<BR> }<BR> location.href = strholding;<BR> event.cancelBubble = true;<BR> }<BR> &#060;/SCRIPT><BR><BR>i get an error when i make a call to the OpenDlgPage() function. <BR>replacing JSCRIPT with JavaScript i get an erroe for the call mase to showModalDialog(). This stuff works on IE4 but not on Netscape 4.05. How do i show a modal dialog box in javascript<BR><BR>thanks<BR>

Default RE: Unabe to show a modal dialog box in JavaScript

I don&#039t think you can show a modal dialog box in Netscape (at least not using the openModalDlg. Let me guess, you are reading Inside Dynamic HTML? It&#039s a good book, but very IE specific.<BR><BR>You can use alert:<BR><BR>alert("This is a message");<BR><BR>Or confirm("Press OK or Cancel") (returns 0 if they press Cancel, non-zero if they press OK)<BR><BR>Hope this helps! (Be sure to check out http://developer.netscape.com for technical documents on JavaScript and NN compatibility...)<BR><BR>Happy Programming!