ODBC error - Could not use unknown....

Thread: ODBC error - Could not use unknown....

David Highlander Guest

Default ODBC error - Could not use unknown....

I have done nothing different to this code but move it to a win2K system.<BR><BR>Can you tell me why I would be getting the ODBC connection<BR>"Could not use &#039(unknown)&#039; file already in use." on line - "--ConnObj.open ("DSNNAME")--"<BR><BR>Here&#039s what I have done - double cheched to make sure the database and DSN exist. Allowed all users to access the database - meaning there is no username and password. And Disconnected the server from the network to make sure no one has the Database open. Still get the same error. <BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set ConnObj = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>ConnObj .open ("DSNNAME")<BR>strSQL = "SELECT tblForums.ForumID, tblForums.ForumName, tblForums.ForumDescription, "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "Count(tblMessages.MessageID) As TotalPosts, "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "Max(tblMessages.DateOfPost) AS LastPost "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "FROM tblForums LEFT JOIN tblMessages ON "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "tblForums.ForumID = tblMessages.ForumID "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "GROUP BY tblForums.ForumID, tblForums.ForumName, "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "tblForums.ForumDescription, tblForums.Visible "<BR>strSQL = strSQL & "HAVING tblForums.Visible = -1;"<BR><BR>Set rstForums = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rstForum s.Open strSQL, ConnObj<BR>If Not rstForums.EOF Then<BR>%&#062;

David Highlander Guest

Default Further Info about my problem

It appears to only be a problem on that server.<BR><BR>I moved the website to a duplicate server and it worked just fine. <BR><BR>Please help.