Session --- Cookie

Thread: Session --- Cookie

Nathan Masek Guest

Default Session --- Cookie

I have tried and tried to end the session with a logout page.<BR>I have used session.abandon and response.redirect. I have tried setting the session variables equal to nothing Session("USERNAME") = "" and in all cases all I have to do is click the "BACK" button on my browser and it lets me back in. I use Authentix to protect my directories and I think it may create a temporary cookie (that is not stored on the client&#039s hard drive). Does anyone know of a way I can logout a user so that when he clicks "BACK" it doesnt let him into the protected directory???<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>- Thanks<BR>- Nathan Masek

Default RE: Session --- Cookie

Is that session variable check happening on every page? If so, even if the user views the previous page (after logging out, b/c the page is cached in the browser), if he clicks any links from that page, he should be automatically redirected to the login page. For an article on basic Authentication with cookies (which demonstrates login pages, redirecting, and using Session variables to do it all), see:<BR><BR><BR>Another option is to force the browser NOT to cache the page where the user logged out of. You can see a server-side method for doing this at:<BR><BR><BR>Happy Programming!