Business reasons "Why" to use ASP

Thread: Business reasons "Why" to use ASP

Venus Scott Guest

Default Business reasons "Why" to use ASP

My employer has asked me to research "Why" we should develop future business applications with either "ASP", "Cold Fusion", or "HAHT-SITE". We also want to know what the Fortune 500 companies are using. Can any of you recommend a site that identifies what the Fortune 500 companies are using as well as a site that compares "ASP", "Cold Fusion", and "HAHT-SITE" tools.<BR>Thanx.

Default RE: Business reasons

I do not know of such a site. The three common ways to develop websites tend to be ASP, Java or Perl. I would anticipate that most fortune 500 companies will be running Java or ASP. I have noticed a pattern in many major web sites (such as that first they develop a working site in ASP and then migrate to Java. The pros for ASP are that there is a lot of support for it on the Internet, is not the hardest language in the world to learn, and finding ASP developers is cheaper/easier than finding Java guys. Java however is more robust, scalable, platform independent and faster than ASP because it is pre-compiled

MG Guest

Default RE: Business reasons

In your analysis, you might want to consider ASP.NET. It is precompiled so the speed issue is not longer an issue. ASP is a RAD delevelop enviroment. You will find much more support for ASP/VB than Java.