Which database? please help

Thread: Which database? please help

ND Guest

Default Which database? please help

I&#039m finishing up a rather large site (1000 items, around 1500 pages completely database driven)... right now it has an Access backend ( I heard that mumble! ;-) ). We are hoping for at least a thousand to five thousand hits a day. It was my intention to scale the project to SQL Server (I currently don&#039t have it on my development computer and there is no trial available for download).<BR><BR>I&#039ve heard alot of good things about mySQL. I&#039ve already visted their webpage, seen test results, etc. Anyone have positive / negative feedback regarding it?<BR><BR>Also, we will be using Interland for a few months... is it difficult managing mySQL on a hosting computer (if Interland supports it)? I wish i could find something like Access -- no real worries about how it will be served -- with multi-threading support.<BR><BR>Thank you

Default RE: Which database? please help

mySQL for NT is nice and stable, but it&#039s not as friendly to work with from a design and build point of view - SQL Server has a nice GUI, mySQL is (mostly) scripted. It could be worth experimenting with it anyway to see what you think - it&#039s quick and powerful.<BR><BR>j