help me

Thread: help me

mahi Guest

Default help me

Hi,<BR>I have a querystring value retrieved from the previous form which gives the user id . If the user is existing means i have to validate him by checking the entries with the database. If not i have to redirect him to the page where he can login.<BR>But it is not working as i expected. When the user value is empty instead of redirecting it gives the following error<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bcd&#039 <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record. <BR><BR>login.asp, line 23 <BR><BR>how to sort out this. Help me<BR>

MG Guest

Default RE: help me

It means that no record was returned from your query. I assume that your are using something like<BR>sql = "select * from tbl where userid=" & request.querystring("userid)<BR><BR>If that is true then it is telling you that there is not user with that userid. You need to check to make sure that the query returned at least one record before you proceed and send the user to the correcto place<BR><BR>&#039open recordset<BR>if rs.eof then<BR>&#039user does not exist<BR>else<BR>&#039user exists<BR>end if

Los Angeles, CA

Default That title said it all did it not???

You are accessing a column that is either not retrieved check the columns you are retrieving and you may also want to check the spelling.<BR><BR>Ensure your connection object is open and your recordset is also getting created. Then check the col names

mahi Guest

Default RE: help me

That means the following way i can do that<BR>sql = "select * from tbl where userid=" & request.querystring("userid)<BR>rs.movefirst<BR>if rs.eof then<BR> response.redirect "error.asp"<BR>else<BR>Do While Not rs.EOF<BR>response.write rs("account_firstname")<BR>rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR> End if<BR><BR><BR> <BR>

MG Guest

Default That will work

I am not saying it is the best way but it will work.