Newbie questions regarding HTML/!

Thread: Newbie questions regarding HTML/!

Default Newbie questions regarding HTML/!

Hi. I Have basic familiarity with VB and heavy experience with SQL/ORACLE...not ASP and html BUT.. I have written a simple ASP page to obtain information from several tables in my Oracle database.Displaying it the way I envision is not so easy. I would appreciate input on the following: How do I direct the ouput from my SQL query to be displayed in different tables? I am sure it is just lame syntax problems stemming from my lack of knowledge. Any info on information to learn this formatting within HTML would be sooo helpful. thanks very much..

Default RE: Newbie questions regarding HTML/!

Hmm. Do you have any specific questions?<BR><BR> Once you&#039ve got the recordset in your ASP, displaying is just a matter of looping inside of a table. Something like this should get you started:<BR><BR>&#060;table&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<B R>While Not rs.EOF Do<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;tr&#062;")<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;td&#062;" & rs("Field1") & "&#060;/td&#062;")<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;td&#062;" & rs("Field2") & "&#060;/td&#062;")<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;td&#062;" & rs("Field3") & "&#060;/td&#062;")<BR>Response.Write ("&#060;/tr&#062;")<BR>Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR> So with this sort of structure, you can loop through your recordset and display a row for each field. Hope that helps. If you have any more specific questions, go ahead and post them.<BR><BR> - Jeff<BR><BR><BR>