Excel and ASP

Thread: Excel and ASP

Joe Force Guest

Default Excel and ASP

We have an application that requires us to build large tables for reporting purposes. HTML is way to slow and cumbersome, and doesn&#039t print very well. We have tried outputting to a tab delimitted file, but CSV files do not carry the proper formatting we need (eg. date/currency format). <BR><BR>Is there a way to write to an excel file and pre-populate headings, formulas, etc? <BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Joe

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: Excel and ASP

yes this is possible. We currently use this<BR>to write stock reports to excel spreadsheets<BR>that the users can download after they are created<BR><BR>There are alot of variables to set so I will just<BR>start you off. You can create the Excel<BR>object with the following code:<BR><BR>* just for the record, this is not my code<BR>* it was written by ARMAND DATEMA<BR><BR>&#060;%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" &#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039 Create Object <BR>Dim ExcelFace<BR>Set ExcelFace = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")<BR>&#039 show or dont show excelto user, TRUE or FALSE<BR>ExcelFace.Application.Visible = True<BR>&#039 Create the yellow face<BR>ExcelFace.ActiveSheet.Range("F3:K25").Inte rior.ColorIndex = 6<BR>&#039 Create both the blue eyes<BR>ExcelFace.ActiveSheet.Range("G6:G10").Inte rior.ColorIndex = 5<BR>ExcelFace.ActiveSheet.Range("J6:J10").Interio r.ColorIndex = 5<BR>&#039 Create a purple nose<BR>ExcelFace.ActiveSheet.Range("H13:I18").Int erior.ColorIndex = 29<BR>&#039 create a red mouth<BR>ExcelFace.ActiveSheet.Range("G21:J24").In terior.ColorIndex = 3<BR>&#039 Write the text<BR>ExcelFace.ActiveSheet.Cells(1,1).Value = "Now isnt this fun :) "<BR>&#039 Save the the excelsheet to excelface<BR>ExcelFace.SaveAs "c:excelface.xls"<BR>&#039 Close Excel with the Quit method on the Application object.<BR>ExcelFace.Application.Quit<BR>&#039 Release the object variable.<BR>Set ExcelFace = Nothing <BR>&#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;HTML><BR>&#060;HEAD><BR> &#060;TITLE>Excelface&#060;/TITLE><BR>&#060;/HEAD><BR>&#060;BODY><BR>&#060;/BODY><BR>&#060;/HTML><BR><BR><BR><BR>I hope this helps.