personalised emails

Thread: personalised emails

Default personalised emails

Hiya<BR>I posted a message yesterday on how to get a users anme in the email so it caroline, rather than just to customer...<BR><BR>well, filipe and arne replied, thank you. with the following code<BR><BR> You can create a DB with the columns "name" and "emailaddress" <BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>while not rs.eof <BR> message = "Hello " & rs("name") & " How are you today?" <BR><BR> Set objSMTP = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") <BR> objSMTP.BodyFormat = 0 <BR> objSMTP.MailFormat = 0 <BR> objSMTP.Send "", rs("emailaddress"), "Subject", Message <BR> rs.movenext <BR>wend <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>the thing that I cant get my head around though is how can I put this in the email program? Ie, I can see it works from an html page, but when I create a new message (im using outlook) how to I get the name to appear in there and not make the user have to open an html page? hope thats makes sense...thanks for all your time...<BR><BR>caz

Default RE: personalised emails

Hi Caz<BR><BR>A bit of reading ahead of you I fear. Have a look at these articles<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Basically you can&#039t use an email client like Outlook to do the task you want. Rather you need to use a component. Once you have everything set up a few lines of code will do what you want.<BR><BR>HTH<BR>Sam