Running asp without networking

Thread: Running asp without networking

Default Running asp without networking

I have a system and I want to run asp sample code. Problem is that I have no intrnet connection or that I am not connected to LAN. Any way I can do this?? I am working on NT server.<BR>Thanks

Vidya Guest

Default RE: Running asp without networking

You must have a web server ( IIS) and a browser installed in your machine.This is sufficient.

Vidya Guest

You must have a web server ( IIS) and a browser installed in your machine.This is sufficient.

Dear Vidya<BR>Thanks for response, but at the time of installation of the IIS, it asks the IP address or looks for modem connection, that is not possible in my case. NT Server is there but IIS can&#039t be installed due to this problem. Any suggestions?<BR>Thanks.<BR>sinha_arvind@usa.net

Shano Guest

First, I&#039m assuming you do not have a NIC installed on this machine. When installing NT Server, did you install the MS Loopback adapter? This is in the list of adapters that you can choose from. Basically, it lets you fake a network by giving your machine a virtual NIC. If you didn&#039t install it, just go to the Network applet in the control panel and flip to the adapters tab and add it. Once you have that IP, you can run anything.<BR><BR>Have fun...