Stored Procedures Possible in Access97?

Thread: Stored Procedures Possible in Access97?

GM Guest

Default Stored Procedures Possible in Access97?

I&#039ve created a query (stored procedure) in Access97 named "spList" which displays an item&#039s ID number and name. I have gone over my asp code many times and have not found an error -- I can change the SQL variable to "Select ItemID, ItemName From tblItems" and everything works.<BR><BR>[database connection code]<BR><BR>Dim strSQL<BR>strSQL = "spList"<BR><BR>Dim objRS<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>objRS.Op en strSQL, objConn<BR><BR>Do While not objRS.EOF<BR><BR> Response.Write objRS("ItemID") & "<BR>"<BR> Response.Write objRS("ItemName") & "<BR>"<BR><BR><BR>objRS.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><B R>[close recordset and database]<BR><BR>Any suggestions? Is it just Access 97?

Default Named Access queries are not stored procs...

...I have never found a way to call them. They appear to exist only in the Access executable, not in the ODBC or OLE DB drivers.<BR><BR>If you find a way, please tell us all.

MG Guest

Default This might help

Default I am a dork...named *functions* ...

...were what I was thinking of!<BR><BR>I have long wanted to write custom functions in Access (possible in "modules") and then invoked them from ASP and SQL. *That* is what one cannot do.<BR><BR>Sorry. Slip of the cogs for a moment there!<BR><BR>