800a0cc1 Error

Thread: 800a0cc1 Error

Guido Brockmann Guest

Default 800a0cc1 Error

First of all I would like to thank Bill W. for his support in my last question and apologize for not replying to him. I was so happy finding the solution eventually alone (and sooo late behind schedule) that I forgot to reply. Sorry and Thanks.<BR><BR>OK my script works fine (and oh so fine). Now here come the bugger :<BR><BR>Internally on PWS it just does what it is supposed to do. Out in the open on a WinNT server is does not work.<BR><BR>2 problems so far :<BR><BR>1st it nags about a query with too few parameters (expected two). Now the parameters in questions are <BR>ValidFrom&#060;=Date()<BR>ValidTo&#062;=Date() <BR>after axing these parameters (that i still need) it <BR><BR>2ndly<BR>nags "ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cc1&#039 <BR><BR>Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. <BR><BR>/Tarif/baz_search_actionMobile.asp, line 1117"<BR><BR>I would normally understand, tx to similar problems on the msg Board, why it would not work - stupid spelling mistake or so but it works fine with PWS locally. Not a bother at all. Uploaded to the web and running under WinNt and IIS - Huge problem. Could it be a DSN misconfiguration maybe. Or what else could it be ?<BR><BR>Here is a snip of the script :<BR>&#060;%<BR>ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Network Library=dbmssocn; Data Source=D:;"<BR> <BR> set TarifDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> TarifDB.Open "Tarif"<BR> sqlText = "SELECT * from TblMobileTarifs"<BR> &#039sqlText = sqlText & " WHERE TarifValidFrom&#060;=Date() "<BR> &#039sqlText = sqlText & " AND TarifValidUntil&#062;=Date()"%<BR>&#039Here we open the qry to count records the result is stored in howmanyrecs<BR> connectme="Tarif"<BR> set rstemp=Server.CreateObject("adodb.Recordset")<BR> rstemp.open sqlText, connectme, adopenstatic<BR> howmanyrecs=rstemp.recordcount<BR> rstemp.close<BR> set rstemp=nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> &#039Execute SQL statement<BR> set prodSet=TarifDB.Execute(sqlText)<BR> <BR> while not prodSet.EOF<BR> <BR> &#039EOD<BR> %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Bill duration,daytimecalls,weekendcalls,mobilecalls,mob ileoperator,prodSet("Operator") [Followed by 15 further prodSet crierias copied 1:1 from Access]%&#062;<BR><BR>I do not know if there are more "mistakes" in the script only have gotten to line 1117 so far.<BR>Line 1117 is the one that calls the "Bill" function.<BR><BR>But once again on PWS locally it works fine all the way through with accurate results, sorted and charted.<BR><BR>Why does is not work on the web ?<BR><BR>Tx Guido<BR><BR>guido@emobilo.com<BR>

Default What DB are you using?

You said you use Access on PWS, but what are you using "on the Web"??<BR><BR>You&#039ve got a connection string there, but then you don&#039t use it to open the connection. Apparently you have changed from using a DSN-less connection to using a DSN?<BR><BR>Oh! It is worse than that! You create a connection object and open it...and then ignore it when you open the RecordSet!!! WHY???<BR><BR>Why don&#039t you just use a "table dumper" to see what you have?<BR><BR>Something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set TarifDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>TarifDB .Open "Tarif"<BR><BR>Set RS = TarifDB.Execute("SELECT * FROM Tarif")<BR>For i = 1 TO RS.Fields.Count<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; Response.Write "field #" & i & " is named " & RS.Fields(i).Name & "&lt;BR&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR>Next<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Guido Brockmann Guest

Default RE: What DB are you using?

Bill,<BR><BR>I am using Access on the server for now. After all this hassle I do not (yet) want to get involved with SQL Server.<BR><BR>Tx for your answer that I appreciated as it pointed me in the direction of the error. As a matter of fact I uploaded the wrong (old) version of the DB to the server where there were s&8"loads of fields missing that introduced later on -my local DSN was pointing to the right db but I uploaded the wrong one -ouch. Your table dumper proved that so TX A MILLION<BR><BR>It works now on the web-server as well.<BR><BR>BTW do you know (maybe you)someone that would "translate" a BBScript into JavaScript ?<BR><BR>Mail me offline if so<BR><BR>Tx<BR><BR>GB<BR>guido@emobilo.com