VB6 - IIS application (Web Class Runtime)

Thread: VB6 - IIS application (Web Class Runtime)

Default VB6 - IIS application (Web Class Runtime)

Created webclass dll & asp using VB6 - IIS application. It is running in machines with VB6 & PWS installed. <BR>Not working in NT webserver (IIS4) even after the installation is done. The value for:<BR><BR>VarType(Application("~WC~WebClassManag er"))<BR>is 9. So it is not creating Webclassruntime object.<BR><BR>When I try to run:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Buffer=True<BR>Respons e.Expires=0<BR>Set Application("~WC~WebClassManager") = Server.CreateObject("WebClassRuntime.WebClassManag er")<BR>Application("~WC~WebClassManager").Process NoStateWebClass "Test.wclTest", _<BR> Server, _<BR> Application, _<BR> Session, _<BR> Request, _<BR> Response<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The error I get is:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object <BR><BR>I&#039ve installed the mswcrun.dll etc in c:programfiles. The inetpubwwwroot estmyapp.asp is in d:. Will that give any problem? Or should I install any other dll files?<BR><BR>Can someone help me?

Default RE: VB6 - IIS application (Web Class Runtime)

The problem is that you do not have all the supporting dlls on the IIS server. Just copying the application and registering it on the Web server wont do. Try packaging the project with the Visual Studio Packaging and Deployment Wizard. This will include all the necessary supporting dlls. Install your application on the Webserver with the exe created by the Wizard.<BR><BR>Hope this solves your problem.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>Santhosh<BR>santhosh_arv ind@hotmail.com