Having problems with an Dictionary Object "dying"

Thread: Having problems with an Dictionary Object "dying"

Ed Cavanaugh Guest

Default Having problems with an Dictionary Object "dying"

I created a dictionary object and filled it with data from a recordset. I&#039ve checked the data right after creating the object and it is definitely there... but when I try to call it in a function I keep getting this error: <BR><BR>***<BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0d5c&#039 <BR><BR>The object referenced by the application no longer points to a valid object. <BR>***<BR><BR>I have filled the object with data from form fields before and it worked just fine. Any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!!<BR><BR>Ed

Default RE: Having problems with an Dictionary Object

The dictionary is looking to the recordset for the value. To get<BR>around this, assign the value in the recordset to a variable<BR>before adding it to the dictionary.<BR><BR>e.g.<BR><BR>val = rs("firstname")<BR>objDict.Add "firstname", val<BR><BR><BR>Oliver

David Backman Guest

Hi.. Browsed in on your answer.. It got me out of hell of a jam.. Great thanks tou ya!<BR><BR>//david

Stephan Baer Guest

Are you sure that your recordset object is not closed already? Try closing your recordset object at the bottom of the page.