ADO Record Locking in Access

Thread: ADO Record Locking in Access

Default ADO Record Locking in Access

I have a "log-in" web page that uses the Update method of the Recordset object to update a password field in an Access d/b.<BR><BR>The record successfully updates, and works fine the FIRST time through. However, if the user closes their browser and immediately attempts to log on with their new (updated) password, they are unable to.<BR><BR>Does Access or ADO lock the record somehow, so it cannot be read until it is unlocked? If so, is there a timeout property associated with either ADO or Access that can be set so the user can log on using their new password immediately?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks!!

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: ADO Record Locking in Access

The only thing I can think of is that you need to destroy the objects that you create in your script before you finish. eg:<BR><BR>rs.close<BR>set rs=nothing<BR>conn.close<BR>set conn=nothing<BR><BR>this is very important because objects that you leave floating around consume mem and other resources and could bring a busy site tto its knees. If you are not doing this then the persistent recorsets could be preventing your code from working properly.<BR><BR>For more assistance you need to display your code so that we can see if there are any potential problems with your script.

Linda Pyrc Guest

Default RE: ADO Record Locking in Access

I had a simular problem. When updating/appending records I had to refresh my ASP page twice before the changes would register. This corrected itself when I added a DBConn.Close statement after the updating. Hope this helps.<BR>