ADO OLEDB call freezes page, no Error is outputted

Thread: ADO OLEDB call freezes page, no Error is outputted

Default ADO OLEDB call freezes page, no Error is outputted

I have a ASP that is freezing and not displaying any error messages AND not timing out. I am using ADO OLEDB for my database connection and through insertion and testing of response.write commands I&#039ve found that the problem exists in the code listed below. The irony is, it used to work and stopped mid afternoon, friday.<BR>I am using OLEDB because if the ability to execute apps on the as/400 system. ODBC isn&#039t an option on this project.<BR>The page is serving some data off of an AS/400 on the backend. The Pages are hosted on a dual processor NT box with IIS 4.0. I am using Client Access Express V4R4M0, the latest service pack and ado for my connection.<BR><BR>Here&#039s the code :<BR><BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>&#03 9Set connection parameters string<BR>strcn = "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=AS/400SYSTEM;, USER, PASS"<BR>strSQL = "SELECT CALDTE, CALDAY FROM SFMXNET.PACA2000" <BR>rs.Open strSQL, strcn<BR><BR><BR>...<BR>This is where the code fails, as far as I can tell where the recordset is opened. ANy ideas?<BR><BR>Bill<BR><BR>

Stop it Guest

Default CROSSPOST

HOW DUMB Guest

Just think, you could have spent the time you spent posting that across multiple boards to actually post a reasonable suggestion. What a terribly wise and helpful use of board space that is.