This was working!!Now it's not!!

Thread: This was working!!Now it's not!!

Kristin Hedge Guest

Default This was working!!Now it's not!!

I&#039m getting this<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bcd&#039 <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. <BR><BR>/pc-sale/process_transaction.asp, line 18 <BR>This code was working before!!! I know that the record exists!<BR>I have this same code working in other sites. Please help!!<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Conn, RS<BR>set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "techno", "sa", ""<BR>set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>RS.Open "SELECT * FROM PCSALE WHERE ID = &#039"&Request.Form("ID")&"&#039", Conn, 3,3<BR>RS("Paid") = Request.Form("Paid") &#039Line 18<BR>RS("Payment_Date") = Request.Form("Payment_Date")<BR>RS("Serial_Number" ) = Request.Form("Serial_Number")<BR>RS("Asset_Number" ) = Request.Form("Asset_Number")<BR>RS("Model_Number") = Request.Form("Model_Number")<BR>RS("Released") = Request.Form("Released")<BR>RS("Entered_By") = Request.Form("Entered_By")<BR>RS("Date_Entered") = Request.Form("Date_Entered")<BR>RS("Notes") = Request.Form("Notes")<BR>RS.Update<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: This was working!!Now it's not!!

You&#039re SURE that the record exists???? Is ID in your database a number? If so, you need to lose the single quotes around your request.form, and add a CLng() to it.<BR><BR>Besides the fact, you should ALWAYS check to see if the record exists. What if the user enters some whacko data?? Always do this:<BR><BR>If rs.EOF Then<BR>Response.write "No data matches your criteria"<BR>Else<BR>&#039Do your recordset looping here<BR>End IF

Are you sure you&#039re getting the record you think you are? Try this and see what you get back...<BR><BR>RS.Open "SELECT * FROM PCSALE WHERE ID = &#039"&Request.Form("ID")&"&#039", Conn, 3,3<BR>Response.Write rs.fields(0).name<BR><BR>I suspect that that will generate the same error, indicating that you didn&#039t find any records from the database.

GEEZ. I accidentally deleted the input field that passed the ID from an intermediate page to the processing page.<BR>K.<BR>Thanks guys