ASP - HELP!!! - Passing two word phrases as a stri

Thread: ASP - HELP!!! - Passing two word phrases as a stri

Patrick Force Guest

Default ASP - HELP!!! - Passing two word phrases as a stri

I am passing a two word string to mapquest but Netscape will only recognize the first word, how can I add a plus (+) sign between the two words?? ie.. "San Ramon" would become [,city = "San" + "Ramon" ] For a better example check out http://www.thehomespage.com and search for a two word city and go to detail and check out the hyperlink "Map this property" in Netscape and Internet Explorer. You will see the problem!! The first to correctly answer may win a high priced consulting job with this company!!! P.S. I have allredy tried to wrap the phrase in a single qoutes - doesn&#039t work!!" ForceFX.com

Default RE: ASP - HELP!!! - Passing two word phrases as a

When you "construct" the URL, are you using the Server.URLEncode method on the values of the variables?<BR><BR>e.g. Server.URLEncode(rs("Address1"))<BR><BR>If so, will keep thinking, just let me know.<BR><BR>Jerry

Vidya Guest

Default RE: ASP - HELP!!! - Passing two word phrases as a

Hello,<BR>U can use the replace function to replace the space with a "+".<BR>for eg: replace (urword,space(1),"+").IE appends spaces between words with a %20 in its URL unlike netscape.Try using a + or a %20 in between words by using the replace function. it is sure to work.