Modal Popups in IE and Netscape

Thread: Modal Popups in IE and Netscape

Default Modal Popups in IE and Netscape

I&#039m trying to make a modal popup window that will work in Netscape and IE.<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried: window.onblur = self.focus<BR><BR>but the popup contains multiple textboxes and when the textbox gains focus it triggers the onblur for the window object. Which then steals the focus back fromt he textbox.<BR><BR>I also tried <BR><BR>window.onblur = new Function("checkfocus();");<BR>document.frmType.txt ID.onblur = new Function("checkfocus();");<BR>document.frmType.txt Desc.onblur = new Function("checkfocus();");<BR><BR>function checkfocus() {<BR> if ( == "txtDesc" &#124&#124 == "txtID") {<BR> }<BR> else {<BR> self.focus<BR> }<BR>}<BR><BR>but the self focus doesn&#039t seem to work from inside the function. Probably because the window has already lost focus by the time function is run.<BR><BR>Any ideas considered :)<BR><BR><BR>

Default DON'T CROSS POST

I think you may just have to call focus() once and trust the user. is it really necessary to have this modal pop-up? can&#039t you carry out this operation in the original window??<BR><BR>j