Database Q & A

Thread: Database Q & A

moshe kapper Guest

Default Database Q & A

i have 2 problems:i have a "registration form" which conects to a database. in one of the fields i have "user name". if the user name exist in the database, the "registrationChecker form" doesn&#039t register him and do response.redirect to the registration form. my problem is that i want him to give in a massage box "ypur user name allready exist" and i don&#039t know where to put it. another problem is : if the user name puts a comma &#039 at the middle of his name the database doesn&#039t know how to read it for example: goe&#039rge.<BR>thank you and i hope to here from you very soon .<BR>

Default RE: Database Q & A

1. When you response.redirect, add the querystring "?user=exists" or whatever, then check for it in the page you redirect to. if it exists, response.write the error script in in it&#039s entirety<BR>i.e.<BR><BR>With Response<BR> .Write "&#060;script lanaguage=""javascript"" type=""text/javascript""&#062;" & vbcrlf<BR> .Write "alert(&#039sorry, that username exists&#039);" & vbcrlf<BR> .Write "&#060;/script&#062;"<BR>End With<BR><BR>second question : that&#039s not a comma, it&#039s an apostrophe. use the following -<BR><BR>Replace(Request.Form("var"), "&#039", "&#039&#039")<BR><BR>the second Q is an FAQ, by the way (<BR><BR>j<BR>