radio and checkboxes not inplemented

Thread: radio and checkboxes not inplemented

Default radio and checkboxes not inplemented

I created a validation script that will repost the data that has already be inputed. The textboxes reappear fine but if a radio button or checkbox is selected, the user needs to re-check the button or box. Does anyone know how to include radio buttons and checkboxes to the data that has already been included.<BR><BR>similar to:<BR><BR>&#060;% prefix = Request("prefix") &#037;&#062;<BR> .<BR> .<BR> .<BR>Mr.&#060;INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="prefix" VALUE="Mr.">Ms.&#060;INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="prefix" VALUE="Ms."><BR> .<BR> .<BR> . <BR>Mr.&#060;INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="prefix" VALUE="&#060;% = prefix&#037;&#062;">Ms.&#060;INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="prefix" VALUE="&#060;% = prefix&#037;&#062;"><BR><BR>Thanks.

Default RE: radio and checkboxes not inplemented

With radio and check boxes, you have to use the Keyword CHECKED. So, basically, you can do something like:<BR><BR>&#060;% If prefix = "Mr." then &#037;&#062;<BR>Mr..&#060;INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="prefix" VALUE="&#060;% = prefix&#037;&#062;" CHECKED><BR>&#060;% Else &#037;&#062;<BR>Mr..&#060;INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="prefix" VALUE="&#060;% = prefix&#037;&#062;"><BR>&#060;% End If &#037;&#062;<BR><BR>And so on with Ms. and your checkboxes. See, this says, "If the prefix is Mr., then CHECK the radio/checkbox. if it is not, don&#039t CHECK it."

Default RE: radio and checkboxes not inplemented

Thanks Mike,<BR><BR>One(1) problem, if the user selects a radio or checkbox, it can not be changed on the following page. This should not be a problem since the user probably won&#039t need to change their input, but I would like to make it so if they want to change the input if they want. <BR><BR>I am forwarding the input through e-mail. If the user selects Mr. first and submits with an error on the page. Then decides to change it to Ms. the Mr. still shows in the e-mail output. Like I said this is not a major problem, I just wanted to see if this could be fixed.<BR><BR>Scott