I am attempting to set up a system for creating/indexing/viewing multipage articles for the "graphics tutorials" section of my personal homepage. (for an example, see, for example, one of the myriad of gaming news sites which split their long articles across multiple pages, and display with ASP).<BR><BR>The basic requirements are as follows:<BR>-Must be able to display a categorized index of articles<BR>-Must be able to display each article in both &#039pretty&#039 multipage form, and printable, single-page format<BR>-In multipage format, must display current page number and total pages<BR>-Must be web-updatable.<BR><BR>So far, I&#039ve been using a very innefficient purely-database method of content storage for my web-updatable news page (wherein the news body text is stored in an Access database table, as a Memo column type, along with the rest of the post information). Obviously this limited approach will not work for articles of significant length. I&#039m trying to puzzle out the most efficient way to index articles. Being as this is my first fully ASP page for public consumption, I&#039m hoping to get a bit of input on my various strategies.<BR><BR>Strategy 1a:<BR>Store each article as a textfile Start every article file with a header containing the article title, date posted, category (probably a numerical identifier), etc. Seperate each &#039page&#039 by a line containing only a character not likely to occur in the article. Write one "articleIndex.asp" page to query every file in whatever directory the articles live in, then output the index on the fly. Use "articleViewer.asp" with querystring values for article number and page number, to again pull out the title/etc/body, and then print the page. I presume it&#039d be possible to loop through the text stream and print only the block of text &#039n&#039 dividers down, to do multipage stuff.<BR><BR>Strategy 1b:<BR>Same as 1a, except store the index information in a database table.<BR><BR>Strategy 2:<BR>Similar to 1a or 1b, except save each page of the article into a different text file.<BR><BR><BR>==<BR><BR>Of course, any of these methods get tricky when updating or editing content, because except in Strategy 1a, at least two different files must agree on the article&#039s descriptors and whatnot in order for proper display (the index and the article itself). I guess I&#039ll just have to come up with a pretty complex error-catching routine for the updater.<BR><BR>Anyhow, any input on my ideas would be vastly appreciated. If anyone has seen a FAQ on this sort of system, or knows of a code example I could glance at on someone&#039s helpsite, I&#039d greatly appreciate that information too.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for helping a newbie to the field,<BR><BR>R. Spicer