I need my user to be able to download an excel file containing the recordset data. I know I can write the recordset to a csv file. The code I&#039m using is:<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>Dim objConn <BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>objConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=F&PO" <BR>objConn.Open <BR><BR>Dim objRS <BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR><BR>Dim strDept <BR>strDept=Request.Querystring("Dept") <BR><BR>Dim strSQL <BR>strSQL="SELECT Dept, Asset, Noun, Model_No, Bldg, Colm, Location, Util_CD, Util_Percent, Cost FROM Util00 Where Dept=&#039" + strDept + "&#039"<BR><BR><BR>objRS.open strSQL, objCONN, 0, 1, 1 <BR><BR>Dim cols <BR>cols=objRS.Fields.Count <BR><BR>Dim color <BR><BR>dim fs, rscsv, ts <BR>Set fs = Server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject") <BR><BR>Set rscsv = objRS.GetString(2, , ",", vbnewline, "") <BR>Set ts = fs.CreateTextFile ("C:WindowsDesktopfile.csv", True) &#039use csv extension <BR>ts.Write rscsv <BR>Set rs = Nothing <BR>Set fs = Nothing <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>but the code does not work. The error is on the Set rscsv = objRS.GetString(2, , ",", vbnewline, "") line. I cannot find the GetString method in any of my references so I do not now what is wrong.<BR><BR>Also once I write the file how do I set the path to a folder on the users harddrive? If I&#039m not mistaken the code as it is written will write to the desktop on my server.