cannot moveprevious

Thread: cannot moveprevious

Default cannot moveprevious

Hi all,<BR><BR>I am trying to create a recordset that is able to use the RS.MovePrevious method, however after trying adOpenKeyset, adOpenDynamic and adOpenStatic as my cursor types (anything other than adOpenForwardOnly) the error message i receive is <BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0C93)<BR>Operation is not allowed in this context.<BR><BR>I create the rs with:<BR>Set rsCat = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>With rsCat<BR> .CursorType = adOpenKeyset &#039Bookmarks supported<BR> .CursorLocation = adUseClient<BR> .LockType = adLockReadOnly<BR>End With<BR><BR>and the error line is at:<BR>rsCat.MovePrevious (the error isn&#039t due to the rs being at BOF as prior to this i used .MoveNext)<BR><BR>any ideas would be v. appreciated<BR><BR>thanks, <BR><BR>alan<BR><BR>

Default RE: cannot moveprevious

try using the following syntax to open the RS:<BR><BR> SQL, ConnectionObject, 2<BR><BR>the two specifies adOpenKeyset cursor type.<BR><BR>If you want to use the command name then you need to include the file.