ACCESS macro - can I activate one from an .asp

Thread: ACCESS macro - can I activate one from an .asp

Default ACCESS macro - can I activate one from an .asp

Is it possible - how would I do it?

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: ACCESS macro - can I activate one from an .asp

This is possible by using VBA in your ASP script. Access must be installed on the web server in order to do it and the server must be set to run out-of-process applications. Your code would look something like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set objAccess = Server.CreateObject("Access.Application")<BR>objAc cess.visible = false<BR>objAccess.openCurrentDatabase "c:myDB.mdb",true<BR>objAccess.DoCmd.RunMacro "MyMacro"<BR>objAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase<BR >set objAccess = nothing<BR>%&#062;

Default RE: ACCESS macro - can I activate one from an .asp

Thank you for the tip! This is just what am looking for. But, I have tried this and get the following error...<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0196 : 80040154&#039 <BR><BR>Cannot launch out of process component <BR><BR>/Premier/newadmin/pleaserun.asp, line 5 <BR><BR>Only InProc server components should be used. If you want to use LocalServer components, you must set the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents metabase setting. Please consult the help file for important considerations. <BR><BR><BR>How do I remedy this problem? My sysadmin and I have been unable to change the metabase. Thanks in advance for any help...