Thread: Response.Flush

Default Response.Flush

I am using response.flush in a Do While loop that performs a query. I have placed Response.Buffer=True at the top of the ASP file. Yet, the contents are not displayed until the loop is through executing. Any ideas.

a Guest

Default I think this was SCs suggestion

I really dont know how that will work but you could try<BR><BR>Response.Buffer=false. If you sat it to true then ALL the ASp code is executed befre the content is sent to the browser.<BR><BR>If that works please post to say it did so then i can try it sometime

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: I think this was SCs suggestion

METHOD: Response.Flush <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Response.Flush <BR><BR>The Flush method immediately sends all current buffered page content to the client if the Response.Buffer property is set to True. <BR><BR>If the buffer does not exist, because Response.Buffer is set to False, a runtime error will occur. <BR><BR>Note that in ASP version 2.0, the default for Response.Buffer is set to False, however in ASP version 3.0, the default for Response.Buffer is set to True. <BR><BR>Code: <BR>&#060;% <BR>Response.Flush <BR>%&#062;

Los Angeles, CA

Default Oh ok

then why do you thing it is not working.<BR><BR>Is it suposed to do what he is asking for it to do??

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Oh ok

It does work... I&#039ve used it several times before. I don&#039t know why his isn&#039t working. Perhaps he needs to post his code?<BR><BR>Flush throws up all the remaining buffer at the point you call it. Comes in handy during long page loads, esp if you want the advertisement/your logo to appear while they&#039re waiting for the rest of the stuff.