Disabling Items on a Browser (i.e 5)

Thread: Disabling Items on a Browser (i.e 5)

Vipul Desai Guest

Default Disabling Items on a Browser (i.e 5)

I am trying to learn more about controling items on a Browser. <BR>Specifically, I am trying to dis-enable the Back, Forward,Stop,<BR>Refresh, Home, Search, Favorites, etc. buttons that exist on IE4.<BR><BR>Is there a way I can disenable these buttons by using Javascript?<BR><BR>I cannot find out how one does this but I would imaging it could be done by looking around at the window object or even the document object. Can someone help and perhaps provide me with some code or even a book that discusses how to do this.<BR><BR>&#062;&#062; Vipul

Default RE: Disabling Items on a Browser (i.e 5)

One way of doing this is by opening the document in a new window which does not have any buttons at all. This can be done as follows. Suppose there is a page say sample1.htm where u want to do this disabling of buttons. Lets also assume that sample1.htm is being called by clicking a link in sample.htm. Then the code in sample.htm will be as follows.....<BR><BR>Code in file sample.htm<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;Head&# 062;&#060;Title&#062;Some Title&#060;/title&#062;<BR>&#060;script language=javascript&#062;<BR>function popupnewwindow()<BR> config="Menu=no,Toolbar=no,Location=no,Status=no"; <BR> window.open("sample1.htm","newname",config);<BR>&# 060;/script&#062;<BR>&#060;/Head&#062;<BR>&#060;Body&#062;<BR>&#060;A href="javascript:popupnewwindow()"&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>Happy Programming

Nathen Grass Guest

If you use this method you may want to disable the right mouse button so they can&#039t select &#039back&#039 from the context menu and capture keystrokes so the user can&#039t use keyboard shortcuts to refresh, go back, etc.

Vipul Desai Guest

Isn&#039t there a simpler way of doing this because I am trying <BR>to write a database with many screens where I have submit buttons that bring up different screens, which in turn request information from previous screens. <BR><BR>For example, isn&#039t there something like window.toolbar.disable or<BR>something like this. I essentially want to disable everthing on the browser except my submit buttons and my Forms.<BR><BR>&#062;&#062; Thanks,<BR><BR>Vipul