ADODB Problem

Thread: ADODB Problem

Default ADODB Problem

I&#039m moving a new app from a development server<BR>to production. Same configuration on both sides<BR>IIS 4.0 and SQL 7.0 running on same machine.<BR><BR>Development side works great Production side<BR>is returning message below whenever I try to<BR>open a connection: See line with !!!!****.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim con, objConn, objRS, strQuery <BR><BR>Set con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR><BR>objConn = "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;DRIVER={SQL Server};" <BR>objConn=objConn & "SERVER=sanwweb1;DATABASE=cm3200;" <BR>objConn=objConn & "UID=sa;PWD=;" <BR>response.write objConn<BR><BR> objConn !!!!!!***** Fails here ******!!!!!!!!<BR><BR> ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR> Unknown runtime error <BR><BR>strQuery = "Select ASN, ACID, Airline FROM APU_Summary " <BR>strQuery = strQuery & "ORDER BY ASN" <BR><BR>Set objRS = con.execute (strQuery) <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>So, to test I create a new project using Visual Interdev<BR>on production server. While I can create data connections and<BR>data commands and even see the data in Visual Interdev using<BR>the project explorer I get the following error when trying to<BR>view a very simple data page.<BR><BR>!!!!!!!!!!!******************<BR><BR> Microsoft VBScript Runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039<BR><BR>ActiveX Component Can&#039t create object<BR><BR>/Project1/global.asa line 32<BR><BR>!!!!!!!!!!!******************<BR><BR>Lin e 32 in the global asa looks like....<BR><BR>SET DE = Server.CreateObject("DERuntime.DERuntime")<BR><BR> To me it looks like the production server does not<BR>know how to handle ADODB related requests? <BR><BR>How do you confirm that all the ADODB components<BR>are available on the server?<BR><BR>Thanks, I&#039m dying here...

Default RE: ADODB Problem

I don&#039t have a solution, only a remark:<BR><BR>In my training (IIS 4.0) I have learned NOT to install IIS4.0 and SQL server 7.0 on the same machine. This creates problems. They are not present with any other sql server version.<BR>Only 7.0.<BR><BR>Perhaps this is part of your problem.<BR>