I&#039m trying to page through records in an Access 2000 database but was having problems. I traced it back to the recordcount returning -1. I know that&#039s a common problem, but I have checked all the solutions I could find. For some reason this only occurs when the cursor is client-side, the server-side cursors that support record counting work fine. I&#039ve tried running it on both IIS 4.0 and IIS 5.0. I&#039ve tried accessing the page with both Communicator and IE 5.0 under Win2000. I&#039m going crazy trying to figure this out! Why can&#039t I do a record count with a client-side cursor?<BR><BR><BR>Here is the code I&#039m trying to use (from learnasp.com). I left off some extra html, etc. that doesn&#039t relate..<BR><BR><BR>&#060;!--#include virtual="/ADOVBS.inc"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> &#039Set how many records per page we want<BR> Const NumPerPage = 10<BR><BR><BR> &#039Retrieve what page we&#039re currently on<BR> Dim CurPage<BR> If Request.QueryString("CurPage") = "" then<BR> CurPage = 1 &#039We&#039re on the first page<BR> Else<BR> CurPage = Request.QueryString("CurPage")<BR> End If<BR><BR><BR> Dim conn<BR> Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> conn.Open "DSN=job"<BR><BR><BR> &#039Explicitly Create a recordset object<BR> Dim rs<BR> Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR><BR> &#039Set the cursor location property<BR> rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient<BR> &#039 rs.CursorType = adOpenStatic<BR><BR><BR> &#039Set the cache size = to the # of records/page<BR> rs.CacheSize = NumPerPage<BR><BR><BR> &#039Open our recordset<BR> Dim strSQL<BR> strSQL = "SELECT shootID, mpgFilename FROM MpgFiles"<BR> rs.Open strSQL, conn<BR><BR><BR> rs.MoveFirst<BR> rs.PageSize = NumPerPage<BR><BR><BR> &#039Get the max number of pages<BR> Dim TotalPages<BR> TotalPages = rs.PageCount<BR><BR><BR> &#039Set the absolute page<BR> rs.AbsolutePage = CurPage<BR><BR><BR> &#039Counting variable for our recordset<BR> Dim count<BR> <BR> &#039-------------DEBUGGING ****-----------------<BR> howmanyrecs=rs.recordcount<BR> Response.Write howmanyrecs & " howmanyrecs<BR>"<BR> Response.Write CurPage & " curpage<BR>"<BR> Response.Write TotalPages & " totalpages<BR>"<BR> Response.Write NumPerPage & " numperpage<BR>"<BR><BR><BR> &#039--------------END DEBUG ****-----------------<BR>%&#062;