Inconsistent behavior w/ ASP

Thread: Inconsistent behavior w/ ASP

Kyle Burkholder Guest

Default Inconsistent behavior w/ ASP

In my ASP Script, I a master If/Elseif/End if statement and about 30 lines of processing inside each block. After instantiating a VB component and pulling a recordset back to the client (via a Public Property Get Data() as Recordset) I have several Response.Write statements that do not execute. Rather, the script jumps directly to the do while loop where I try to output the contents via Response.Write&#039s. I am checking the Err.number property after the Recordset is set and in the block:<BR>if err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 then<BR> &#039 HandleError<BR>else<BR> &#039 This code is not processed<BR>end if<BR>neither of these conditions is processed. Even with a Response.Redirect in there, it does not take effect. Any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated. <BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Kyle Burkholder<BR>Kyle.D.Burkholder@ac.com

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: Inconsistent behavior w/ ASP

If you are trapping errors I assume you have<BR>&#060;% On Error Resume Next %&#062; at the tiop of the asp.<BR>Try commenting this out and see if you get a<BR>specific line error. This might narrow down the problem.<BR><BR><BR>hope this helps :)

Are you using:<BR>ON ERROR RESUME NEXT

Kyle Burkholder Guest

Yes, On Error Resume Next is at the top. Thanks for the pointer about commenting it out.