Question w/executing Stored Procs

Thread: Question w/executing Stored Procs

Default Question w/executing Stored Procs

Greetings, all...<BR><BR>I&#039m trying to work my way through the SAMS ASP 2.0 Unleashed book and stuck with Chapter 14: Using ASP&#039s with DB: Working with the Command Object.<BR><BR>Their example code contains the following statement:<BR><BR>MyCommand.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR><BR>I&#039ve copied this letter for letter into my asp page, and get the following error when running it:<BR><BR>ADODB.Command error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/Bottlenose_Test/delete_me1.asp, line 13 <BR><BR>Here is the code in question:<BR>set objCommand = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>set objCommand.ActiveConnection = objConnection<BR><BR>objCommand.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR>objCommand.CommandText = "checkAuthor"<BR><BR>set myParam = objCommand.CreateParameter("ReturnCode", adInteger, adParamReturnValue)<BR><BR>I&#039m not sure where to be looking to solve this thing. If there&#039s anybody out there that can help, I&#039d appreciate it!<BR><BR>/ric

Default RE: Question w/executing Stored Procs

Did you include