accessing Access databases

Thread: accessing Access databases

1. #1 Guest

Default accessing Access databases

My ASP page has no trouble accessing an Access telephone database on the first try but if I attempt to access the database a second time I get a "Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 " messge - even if I do write a "connect.close" command in my script. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?<BR>dan

Kyle M. Burns Guest

Default RE: accessing Access databases

If you post the offending code, someone can probably give you a pretty accurate answer, but it sounds like your Connection object may be going out of scope.

Default Using PWS on Win98? I have same problem...

...on my machine at home. No problems using PWS on NT. No problems using IIS on NT. <BR><BR>&#060;SHRUG&#062;I just load my pages up to my IIS ISP and test there. If you find a solution, I wouldn&#039t mind hearing about it, but I&#039m a pragmatist: find a way that works.&#060;/SHRUG&#062;<BR><BR>

Default PWS/98/IE5 - could be this

there was a problem with the MDAC supplied with IE 5 - not sure if it was ever fixed, but there&#039s a fix on for this, which works perfectly for me...<BR><BR>just search for PWS, 98, IE - should return the right article<BR><BR>j

Default RE: PWS/98/IE5 - could be this

Thanks! I will...<BR><BR>I&#039ll let you know. But not this weekend...heading off to play music and forget computers!<BR><BR>