Forcing a page to refresh when paging

Thread: Forcing a page to refresh when paging

Susanne Guest

Default Forcing a page to refresh when paging

Dear All,<BR>I have built a database listing page using the Paging Through ADO recordset (12-12-98) ASP info on this site. My problem is that the 1st time I run a query and display the contents the paging works fine (I run a function to create the SQL query and then a funtion to display the info). If I run a subsequent query, the 1st page displays OK but if I go to the second page I see the results of page 2 of the 1st query (this would skip the create query funtion and go straight to the display function). A explorer refresh displays the correct results.<BR>Does anyone know how to force the display funtion to refresh automatically? I currently have buffer = true set.<BR>Thanks<BR>Susanne

Default RE: Forcing a page to refresh when paging

Try putting &#060;% response.expires = 0 &#037;&#062; at the very top of all your pages. <BR><BR>Hope that helps!<BR>-Brad

Susanne Guest

For anyone who comes across this the answer is: <BR>Response.Expires=0 <BR>This forces the browser to never cache the page locally.

I&#039ve found at times that that won&#039t work. If I get in a jam, I always use:<BR><BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR><BR>Which tells ASP that the page expired one day ago.