Form Post slow/ Form get fast / with Netscape 4.75

Thread: Form Post slow/ Form get fast / with Netscape 4.75

Luc Destombe Guest

Default Form Post slow/ Form get fast / with Netscape 4.75

Hello,<BR><BR>i&#039ve a curious problem posting a form with communicator 4.75.<BR>This first sample is very fast :<BR><BR>sample 1:<BR>I post the form by clicking on the image executing the function funcmob.<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>function funcmob() {<BR> document.frmmob.submit();<BR>}<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;form method="get" name="frmmob" action="test.asp" target="_self"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="hidden" name="FAM_Code" value="mob"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;a href="javascript:funcmob()"&#062;&#060;img src="mobilier.jpg"&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>sample 2:<BR>The same but with method="post"<BR><BR>The sample 2 takes about 10 seconds (the first less than 1 second !)<BR>With IIS5/IE, it&#039s very fast, and with IIS4/Netscape too.<BR>My problem is with IIS5/Netscape.<BR><BR>Server side i only have this code :<BR>&#060;% response.write("FAM_Code") %&#062;<BR><BR>Who knows any advice ?<BR>Thank you,<BR>Luc.

Kyle M. Burns Guest

Default RE: Form Post slow/ Form get fast / with Netscape

One bit of advice that I have for you is to explicitly call the client collection that you are pulling your data from. Without doing this, the every collection in the Request object is searched until the Key is found in this order:<BR>1)QueryString<BR>2)Form<BR>3)Cookies<BR> 4)ClientCertificate<BR>5)ServerVariables<BR><BR>Wh en the form is submitted via GET, the QueryString contains the variable that you are looking for and it will be found in the first collection searched.<BR><BR>Try seeing what kind of performance difference you can achieve by using &#060;% Response.Write Request.Form("FAM_Code") %&#062;

Luc Destombe Guest

Default Unfortunately no incidence

In fact it doesn&#039t changes anything.<BR>It&#039s always immediate on IE and 10 seconds on Netscape.<BR>Maybe another idea ?