Everything that I have read show that I can write a string to the end of a file, but how can I write a string to the beginning of an existing text file without replacing the file text. I&#039ve included the code for adding text to the end of a file. Can anyone help me modify it for adding text to the beginning? Thanks <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>&#039 Dimension local variables.<BR>Dim fsoObject &#039FileSystemObject<BR>Dim filObject &#039File Object<BR>Dim objTextStream<BR>Dim strEnding<BR><BR><BR>&#039 Declare file access constants.<BR>Const ForAppending = 8<BR>Const TristateFalse = 0<BR><BR>&#039 Initialize string variable. This string will be written to the end of the file opened next.<BR>strEnding = "&#060;!--#include file=end.htm --&#062;"<BR><BR>&#039 Instantiate the FileSystemObject variable.<BR>Set fsoObject = Server.CreateObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" )<BR><BR>&#039 Using the GetFile method of fsoObject, initialize the File object.<BR>Set filObject = fsoObject.GetFile( "C:Inetpubwwwrootcopycriterion73099.asp" )<BR><BR><BR>&#039 Use the OpenAsTextStream method to open the file for appending.<BR>Set objTextStream = filObject.OpenAsTextStream(ForAppending, TristateFalse)<BR><BR>&#039 Write a short string to the end of the opened file.<BR>objTextStream.Write strEnding<BR><BR>objTextStream.Close<BR><BR>%&#062 ;