Thread: ASP, SQL and ADS.

Master_Incubus (Eric) Guest

Default ASP, SQL and ADS.

Hello.<BR><BR>Here is my situation. I am creating a security system that is both SQL and ADS based. When a person registers, they need to be added to SQL so that our ASP pages can tell what features they have access to. (NOTE: That part is not a problem)<BR><BR>Ok, here is the problem. When the person registers via the ASP page, I also need to add them to ADS. HOW CAN THIS BE DONE!?!<BR><BR>I&#039ve been told that it can be done with the ADSI but haven&#039t really found any documentation on it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Eric

SPG Guest

Default ADSI

The documentation for ADSI is over in the MSDN library under Platform SDK &#062; Networking and Services (as I recall). The tutorial on users and groups is written as a windows script, so you&#039ll have to do a touch of conversion.<BR><BR>Additionally, you&#039ll have to be mimicking a sysadmin for the user object changes -- Software Artisans&#039 (they advertise here) SA-FileManager has a "LogonUser" function which will allow you to do this [and it&#039s free.]<BR><BR>HiH.

Master_Incubus(Eric) Guest

Default RE: ADSI

Thank you for the lead. Do you know of anything else that I may need OR any other resources that you can point me to?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default RE: ASP, SQL and ADS.

This link may help you with some general knowledge.<BR><BR>