Populate a form with data, then edit the data

Thread: Populate a form with data, then edit the data

Steve Bishop Guest

Default Populate a form with data, then edit the data

Is there a post or article that could give me some tips on how to populate a form with data from an Access database, then allow users to update the information? I&#039ve got the Update portion down, just having some difficulties with populating the form by searching on a user&#039s name. Just thought there might be an article or something already written. thanks!

Default RE: Populate a form with data, then edit the data

I don&#039t know of any articals but this is one way to do it.<BR>First get the data from the database.<BR>ie.<BR>mysql="Select * From tablename where name=&#039" & name & "&#039"<BR>Then execute your search with something like<BR>set res=conn.execute(mysql)<BR><BR>Then to get the values into your form use value="&#060;%=res("varname")"%&#062; this would go inside your &#060;input name="something" &#062;<BR><BR>I&#039m assuming you already have a form created.

Steve Bishop Guest

Default RE: Populate a form with data, then edit the data

Cool, thanks for the tips... I also found this site which follows the proces of displaying a table/ editing a record/ and updating the record. <BR><BR>http://www.activeserverpages.com/learn/dbfull1.asp