Ricmac - Your Date Question

Thread: Ricmac - Your Date Question

DavidM Guest

Default Ricmac - Your Date Question

I just thought of something else that could be causing that problem<BR><BR>1. Remove the SINGLE QUOTES in your insert statement around the DATE Variable if you have any.<BR><BR>2. You may need to add the "#" sign around the date insert, but try this last.<BR><BR>3. Double check to make sure that the table field for this variable insert is Date/Time - If it is then change that field to TEXT. Test it. if it works then you know it is because the value of the date function that is being stored is not a valid entry for the Date/Time field type or the syntax of the statement is wrong.<BR><BR>Hope that helps.

ricmac Guest

Default RE: Ricmac - Your Date Question

Thanks David. Tried all those things, but none worked. I&#039ve seen suggestions for adding the "#", but maybe I&#039m not implementing it right. Here is the error I get:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039 800a0401&#039 <BR><BR>Expected end of statement <BR><BR>/ricmac/Processing2.asp, line 31 <BR><BR>theSQL = theSQL & strGame7&"&#039, &#039"&strGame8&"&#039, &#039"&strGame9&"&#039, &#039"&strGame10&"&#039, "#&strDate&#")"<BR><BR>

DavidM Guest

Default Lets see...

According to my book it should be:<BR><BR>#" & Date() & "#<BR><BR>So it looks like the number signs are outside the "Quotes"