ODBC Drivers error

Thread: ODBC Drivers error

beach Guest

Default ODBC Drivers error

My server was working fine then I upgraded my odbc drivers now I cant open any databases using asp&#039s. help. The database is definately not open...<BR><BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already<BR>opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Marie Guest

Default RE: ODBC Drivers error

I got that error before, and when I added "everyone" to the administrator group, I was able to access the database again with my pages. (at least if you tried it, it will let you know if it&#039s a permissions problem)

DavidM Guest

Default Possible Reasons...

All these things would cause that error.<BR><BR><BR>1. You do not have access to the folder that the database is stored in.<BR><BR>2. You do not have access to the database.<BR><BR>3. You need the correct username / password in your SQL string to access the database.<BR><BR>4. The DSN name has changed.<BR><BR>5. The database has been deleted.<BR><BR>6. Someone has the database open.<BR><BR>7. The database has been moved.

beach Guest

Default RE: ODBC Drivers error

Thanks for the responses, but I think Marie gave me the solution. I actually added my IUSR account to the Admin group, I&#039m not sure if this solved my problem but it&#039s working now. Thanks Marie