Flash detection and includes

Thread: Flash detection and includes

GJM Guest

Default Flash detection and includes

I want to have a Flash and normal graphic navigation systems on my site. Can I make one index.asp page, place an include that goes to a browser sniff and then inserts either the flash.inc or normal.inc? I can&#039t seem to make it work and I think I&#039m missing a step. <BR>

Sateesh Guest

Default RE: Flash detection and includes

i hope it will work. but on wht condition are you going to select the flash and the normal gif file, make those selection in a single inc file, dont use the vbscript to select the inc file it will select the both.

GJM Guest

Default RE: Flash detection and includes

OK, here&#039s the process<BR><BR>index.asp has an include in a table that states <BR>&#060;!--#include file="include/detect.asp"--&#062;<BR><BR>Then, the detect.asp page has this script to call either the flash nav or the javascript rollover nav:<BR><BR>&#060;script language="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR>if ( useFlash ) {<BR>&#060;!--#include file="flash.inc"--&#062;;<BR>} else {<BR>&#060;!--#include file="jscript.inc"--&#062;;<BR>}<BR>//--&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Does any of this make sense or should I just make two pages for each index page, one with flash and one with rollover?<BR><BR>