Thread: Dates---->

Default Dates---->

How do I make sure that when ppl fill out bullshit instead of a real date if redirects to a page instead of giving an error like this:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in date in query<BR>expression &#039wiesegment=&#039Arthur Vlendre&#039 and datum between #dsds# and<BR>#dsds#&#039. <BR><BR>I placed a if then on the process page that if the dates are blank it will redirect, but need a script that will look at the data entered and determine if its a real date.<BR><BR>

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default RE: Dates---->

Have a look in where you can download a couple of javascript routines to check dates.

Default RE: Dates---->

When you let people fill out criteria for a database query you have to validate the user input BEFORE going anywhere near the database. Personally I prefer to do this on the client.<BR><BR>The other problem with dates is that you have to make sure that you know what format the date is in - is 01/02/03 the 1st of February 2003, the 2nd of January 2003 or the 3rd of February 2001? The answer depends on whether you&#039re expecting a US, European or Scandinavian date format. I don&#039t like to let people enter 6 digit dates - give them a field for the day, a field for the month and a field for the year and make it very clear which is which.<BR><BR>Dunc