Cannot find stored command (0x80040E14)

Thread: Cannot find stored command (0x80040E14)

Andrew Proctor Guest

Default Cannot find stored command (0x80040E14)

I&#039m attempting to EXEC a stored procedure via ASP but I get the following error :<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure &#039sp_get_countries&#039<BR><BR>The database/tables/store commands were all created by the same user, who has db_owner rights.<BR><BR>If I replace the stored procedure with its own SQL (a simple SELECT) it works fine. If I &#039EXEC sp_get_countries&#039 via Query Analyzer (connected using the same uid the ASP uses), it works fine.<BR><BR>I&#039m a bit stumped as to where the problem is. Is it a SQLServer rights issue, a DSN problem, an IIS problem ?<BR><BR>I should mention that I know the ASP with the stored procedure does work. The problem has arisen since trying to re-create the database on a new server.<BR><BR>Any comments would be welcome.

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default You prob don't have exec rights.

The problem may be that the security context (i.e. user) your ASP page is running under doesn&#039t have execute rights to that sproc<BR><BR>OR <BR><BR>that the sproc is owned by someone other that the dbo. I have had the problem where the sproc was (fully qualified name) Northwind.Richard.pGetAllEmployees instead of Northwind.dbo.pGetAllEmployees. You may want to check in Enterprise manager and see whom the owner is and whether your login has permissions to execute it.<BR><BR>Richard

Andrew Proctor Guest

Default RE: You prob don't have exec rights.

Thanks but I don&#039t think it is exec rights.<BR><BR>The uid I use via ASP is the same uid used to create the tables, stored procedures etc.<BR><BR>I can log into Query Analyzer with the same uid and the EXEC PROC works ! Its appears to be just from ASP.<BR>