Who has gotten cpshost.dll to work?

Thread: Who has gotten cpshost.dll to work?

Erik Yewell Guest

Default Who has gotten cpshost.dll to work?

Here is my code:<BR><BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR> &#060;BODY&#062;<BR> &#060;FORM ACTION="cpshost.dll?PUBLISH" METHOD="POST" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="file" name = "my_file"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="submit" value="Submit"&#062;<BR> &#060;input type="hidden" name="TargetURL" value="http://cssdev2/Attachments/Uploads"&#062;<BR> &#060;/FORM&#062;<BR> &#060;/BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;/HTML&#062;<BR><BR>I get a HTTP 500 error (like everyone else).<BR><BR>-cpshost.dll is in the directory my ASP page is calling it from.<BR>-I know it doesn&#039t need a virtual directory (as another posting indicated), but does need write access to a directory.<BR>-I have set the allowanonymous registry key = 1<BR>-I know for a fact that the dll works with PUBLISH not having a parameter (another website I have seen doesn&#039t use it)<BR><BR>Please help if you have gotten this to work.<BR>eyewell@filenet.com

Erik Yewell Guest

Default I got it!

OK, This is what I learned:<BR><BR>First off, check the NT Event Viewer "System" and "Application" logs on the server if this thing isn&#039t working. Start-&#062;Programs-&#062;Administrative Tools-&#062;Event Viewer. The error messages you get there are fairly informative. They will tell you if you don&#039t have write access to the directory, or if the path is wrong to your DLL... things that might not be immediately obvious.<BR><BR>Second, IIS and NT directory permissions are key:<BR>NT: users accessing the DLL need to have at least "Change" access to the directories involved (upload dir. and dir. where the DLL is) . (The "Everyone" group includes the IUSR_&#060;Servername&#062; web user if you are allowing anonymous uploads )<BR><BR>IIS: Folders with DLL and EXE files need to have Execute access<BR>Folders to upload files to need to have Write access. It seems to be a good idea to have a completely separate upload directory, so you can turn off Script and Execute access to that directory, and only allow Write access (prevents uploading/execution of malicious files).<BR><BR>The upload directory can be a real or virtual directory.<BR><BR>Detail on allowing anonymous uploads is available on this site:<BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q179/5/66.asp<BR><BR><BR>