Getting records from the recordset

Thread: Getting records from the recordset

Default Getting records from the recordset

I am using sql to write query with search criteria. That search criteria comes from a text box in an HTML page. I want to get the result viewed one record per page.<BR><BR>The records are coming to the recordset fine but while viewing, it is showing only one record and after that it says no records are there. Can you give me any clue how to resolve this problem?<BR>If I am viewing the results without any search criteria, then viewing the record is no problem, the problem is coming when I pass the search criteria from HTML page.<BR><BR>Please help<BR>Arvind

Susanne Guest

Default RE: Getting records from the recordset

Arvind,<BR>How are you passing the search across? I use Request.Form to pull across search criteria from an initial page, into a display page that formats everything up.<BR>Have you tried response writing the search criteria to be sure that the info is being retrieved? Have you tried response writing the SQL statement and make sure that there are records in the database that match that criteria?<BR>You need to check the basics and make sure you know what searches you are actually doing.

Default RE: Getting records from the recordset

Hi Susanne<BR>I DID get the variable by Request.Form<BR>I put a counter in the recordset and got the total no of records returned, but during display only the first record is getting displayed. SQL atatement without search criteria is working fine. If all the records are getting into the recordset and one record is getting displayed, means variable passage is ok. Something is missing somewhere and I don&#039t have any idea what is happening. I am still at the same point.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot for responding.<BR>Hope to get some help.<BR>Arvind