Problem in Uploading Word Docs.

Thread: Problem in Uploading Word Docs.

Vijay Guest

Default Problem in Uploading Word Docs.

Hi,<BR>I&#039m tryin to upload Word documents using VBScript & ASP. I&#039m able to upload all other types of files like PDF,text etc., except word documents. I&#039m gettin only junk characters when try to open that Word doc.<BR><BR>I&#039m reading the HTTP headers and separating the filecontent alone and convertin it to adLongvarchar using ADO&#039s Appendchunk Method and writing the content into a File using FilesystemObject<BR><BR>Below is the code that converts Binary to String <BR><BR>vRawdata = sRequest.BinaryRead(CLng(lTotalbytes))<BR>lLen = LenB(vRawdata)<BR>oRs.Fields.Append "sStrdata", adLongVarChar, lLen<BR>oRs.Open<BR>oRs.AddNew<BR>oRs("sStrdata"). AppendChunk vRawdata<BR>oRs.Update<BR><BR>I&#039ve parsed the oRs("sStrdata") and got the content of the file alone and writin it into file using FileSystemObject. This works fine for all other types of files except Ms-word documents.<BR>I&#039ve tried using the Ms-word object library also but the result is same.<BR>I would appreciate you any help on this prob.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Vijay<BR>

Default RE: Problem in Uploading Word Docs.

Go to this url...<BR><BR><BR><BR>About 2/3 of the way down the page a couple of ways to open Excel and Word documents are discussed.